Get Your Community Connected with Wayapa®!
Wayapa®™ means to Connect in the language of the Peak Whuurrung People of South West Victoria. Today, for most of us, we have become disconnected from the land, from our tribe, from our food and from our Spirit. Through Earth mindfulness, deep breathing and narrative meditation and movement, Wayapa®™ provides a sense of belonging to the Earth while creating mental and physical wellbeing.
For non-Indigenous people, Wayapa® will provide an opportunity to be immersed in culture to understand Connection to Country and Community, Aboriginal way. For Indigenous people, Wayapa® provides an easy way to reconnect with or to continue practicing culture every day while enjoying the holistic health benefits of it.
- A unique combination of cultural mindfulness, narrative meditation and traditional movement that can be used daily to connect to the environment and quiet the mind
- Shares Aboriginal culture in an interactive and innovative way
- Through Aboriginal eyes, it explains the energy connection to the earth and our spirit in a way that is easy to understand for any age
- Teaches the importance of acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land and why we all need to be Custodians of the Earth
- Creates mind body spirit well-being
- Encourages living sustainably
- A great tool for stress management
Connect To The Earth
Connect To Spirit
Connect To Self
I’m so appreciative that I was able to experience your program when I did. And I really hope that I will get to experience it again sometime in the near future.
Wayapa® is a unique approach to mental and physical wellbeing – the Australian yoga definity! But Wayapa® also has so many other valuable potentials, for young people and adults, for different reasons. For me, the opportunity to gain insight into Aboriginal cultures and ways of understanding was a real privilege. Thank you! It would make so much sense for Wayapa® to become a regular practice for Australian people for this reason alone.”Polly Mackenzie
Hi Jamie and Sara, just wanted to pass on my thanks for the workshop we did yesterday with Wyndham City Council.
You guys did a great job and your messages is really important to all ages and communities to connect with the Aboriginal culture, but also the Australian country. Loved it and thanks and keep up the good work.Sharon Phillips