Wayapa offers the perfect teaching solution for Indigenous Studies, Healthy Lifestyles & Sustainability!
Wayapa Wuurrk run Wayapa Workshops in Child Care Centres, Kindys and Primary and Secondary schools throughout Melbourne and Victoria. We can also deliver our workshops anywhere in Australia – just ask us for a quote.
Wayapa for Education Centres features:
- A unique combination of earth mindfulness, narrative meditation and traditional movement that can be used daily to connect to the environment and quiet the mind
- Shares Aboriginal culture in an interactive and innovative way that everyone can practice any time
- Through Aboriginal eyes, it explains the energy connection to the earth and our spirit in a way that is easy to understand for any age
- Teaches the importance of acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land and why we all need to be Custodians of the Earth
- Shares and teaches Aboriginal language
- Creates mind body spirit earth well-being
Connect To The Earth
Connect To Spirit
Connect To Self
Wayapa ticked all the boxes for our Year 3 program!
We were able to make the AusVels link between Indigenous Studies and our Inquiry Unit -Healthy Lifestyles and students loved it. It was a session where students connected to their surroundings through movement and music and gained an awareness of indigenous storytelling and culture. They were engaged and involved for the full hour.
Thank you for a brilliant session that really enhanced our unit of study. We will be booking them every year.Caroline Wainrib, Gardenvale Primary School
We held our first Year 9 Koorie Day and it was an outstanding success and Wayapa Wuurrk was an integral part of the day.
Jamie and Sara talked about connecting to country, the land and spirituality. They emphasised that possessing an insight into country helps to create a belonging within a community. We then had all the students and staff doing what I can best describe as Aboriginal yoga.
To watch 220 Year 9 students participate and engage in Wayapa Wuurrk was extremely rewarding. It was a great concept and thoroughly enjoyed by all.Katrina Amon, Koorie Leader, Parkdale Secondary College/ Kingston Koorie Mob
Intro to Wayapa Workshop (up to 1 hour) – $500+gst*
Half Day Wayapa Workshop – $1500+gst*
Catering for multiple classes or grades over a half day period
Full Day Wayapa Workshop – $2500+gst*
Catering for multiple classes or grades over a full school day
*the above costs are for the Melbourne Metro area but we’re happy to travel anywhere to share Wayapa!
The Wayapa Workshops we deliver are tailored for the age of the children. For example, for child care centres, kindys and preps, Jamie paints up in ochre and wears the traditional clothes of his Ancestors to engage the young ones in Wayapa, sharing of artefacts, storytelling and teaching traditional Aboriginal dance. While for older kids, the workshops focus on wellbeing, earth mindfulness, sustainability and sharing of Aboriginal culture.